Welcome!

The purpose of this blog is to offer educational technology tips and suggestions by sharing links to tech resources as well as samples of my own work with middle school students.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We Love The Flip

After my third Handycam broke, I decided that there had to be another camera that my 7th graders could use for my filmmaking class. I needed something easy to use, light weight, inexpensive, and most of all - easy to upload. The Flip meets all my criteria. I was worried that the quality wouldn't be as good as we were used to, but to my surprise, the clips look great and the sound is clear and loud. If you're interested, there is a Flip Video for Educators site with a list of preferred resellers. I ordered the Flip Ultra with a recording time of 2 hours, 8 GB of internal memory, a 320 x 240 LCD screen, and a 1280 x 720 resolution. The video format is mp4, which can be a problem if you use Movie Maker. We use Adobe Premiere Elements and had absolutely no problem uploading the clips directly to this program.

No comments: