Welcome!

The purpose of this blog is to offer educational technology tips and suggestions by sharing links to tech resources as well as samples of my own work with middle school students.


Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Teacher's Handbook

September signifies the beginning of the year for me - not January! As a teacher, I enjoy my summer but always look forward to meeting my new 6th grade students and welcoming back my 7th and 8th graders. I also begin each school year with a renewed vigor and determination to be the best teacher I can be.

A colleague of mine, Dr. John Hrevnack, has written an excellent book for first year teachers, but this book can also provide ideas and encouragement for any teacher. The Teacher’s Handbook provides a foundation for those entering the teaching profession. It emphasizes the development of the lesson plan, unit plan, and classroom management through the integration of theory with practice. 

Here's to a great school year!

No comments: