Welcome!

The purpose of this blog is to offer educational technology tips and suggestions by sharing links to tech resources as well as samples of my own work with middle school students.


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Educational Podcasting

I am really excited about the possibilities of using podcasting techniques in the classroom. I recently introduced my students to Audacity, a free software program used to record and edit a podcast. My 8th grade students created a radio station, WRIS 106.2, to produce segments for our middle school. My 6th grade students create businesses for our Real World Technology class, and I had them use podcasting to create advertising commercials. It's so much fun, and a great way to excite students! Here are the outstanding results:


1 comment:

Mrs. Nockowitz said...

I am so glad that I found your blog! You are focused on exactly what I want to use in my classroom (7th grade language arts). I am planning a podcasting project, and I will definitely refer to your blog. What do you know about book trailers? Have you had your students make them? What application/program do you use? My (brand new) blog is focused on the MS lang. arts classroom, but I plan to include a lot of tech teaching info. May I add your blog to my blogroll? If you are interested in mine, the address is: http://somenovelideas.typepad.com.
Also, where do you teach? Is this an all girls school in NYC? I used to teach at Chapin back in the early 1990's.